Whether you are posting on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, quality images and videos are important to produce quality social updates.
You do, however, need to post your content at the right time to achieve the best engagement possible. The most effective way to do this is to create a bespoke calendar to reach your community
Here’s our helpful tips:
1/ Listen to your community
• Monitor your different social networks for past posts, tweets, updates (manually or a professional tool) to see what updates had the best engagement rate and at what time they hit.
• Conversely check which updates had the worst engagement rates so you can avoid doing it again
• You also need to find out which age groups are fans of your page or following you. For example, a digital mum is not going to be online at the same time as a teenager or youth.
• Countries are also an important factor to consider, especially if other territories follow your page, as you will need to post bespoke content at specific times.
2/ Activate your posts at the busiest times for your country
It seems everyone has a point of view on this but here are some simple and general rules you can follow if you live in the UK:
• Lunchtime ideally (between 12:00 and 2:30 PM)
• Between 5pm or 6pm as people start to switch out of work mode
• Thursdays and Fridays – Some studies show that posting on these days is 18% higher
• Avoid posting before 8am and after 8pm on weekdays
• Don’t forget to post during the weekends as some communities are highly active on those days (e.g. youth sector)
3/ Plan your content and create bespoke calendars
• Plan your posts in advance, you might not always find yourself available at the right time. You can use different tools – E.g: Tweetdeck or Hootsuite.
• Make sure you create a bespoke timing strategy for each channel
You’ll see through our 3-step process your engagement rate will quite literally fall in your LAP.